Monday, September 13, 2010

Source:soulhealing.com

A Tutorial in Vedic Astrology

As I did with my Tutorial in Western Astrology I decided to organize the Vedic materials already on this website (and add new articles) to help readers to learn Vedic astrology systematically. This tutorial will continue to be expanded upon over time, to become a complete learning course in astrology. Feel free to email me with suggestions and feedback in improving this material.

I could not have written these articles, nor progressed in Vedic astrology, without having studied with my Jyotish guru Hart de Fouw. He taught me how to approach a Vedic chart, how to gain deeper understanding, and how to make Jyotish live and breathe. I am eternally grateful to him.

(Important Note: In many cases, clicking on one of the links below will open one of my bimonthly tutorial columns. Feel free to read the entire column or just the article referred to in the title below.)

Please read my essays on "Becoming an Astrologer" -- by clicking here -- and my essay Ending the War between the Astrologers revised in January 2010 in addition to the specific-to-Vedic-Astrology articles below. Also, since I have already created detailed articles in my Western tutorial for the planets and the signs, I will not be duplicating this material in this section.

Please also go to my Vedic book list, where I review the best books in Vedic astrology, and also point out several ways to get free Vedic astrology books (both modern and classics) by clicking here.

1. An Introduction to Vedic Astrology

2. General Principles of Vedic Astrology

3. Vedic Tools of Prediction

4. A Reading List for Vedic Astrology

5. Astrological Techniques and Uncertain Birth Times Expanded and Revised 2/06




2. General Principles of Vedic Astrology

Learning Vedic Astrology: A Proforma of General Principles


The Houses of the Horoscope

The Modern, Horary, and Vedic Houses

The Strongest Planet Wins

The Nodes

My Lastest Presentation on The Nodes

Understanding Divisional Charts - Part One

Shri Pati Padhati

A Brief Lecture on Nakshatras from James Kelleher

Evaluating Yogas

Types of Yogas

A Yoga Checklist Updated with Legend

Ways to Explore a Vedic Chart

The Lord of the First in Each of the Houses

Finding Synergy: One of the Keys to Chart Interpretation

The Ascendant: The Most Important Point in the Chart

The Lagna and Planetary Significations -- A Detailed Table

Visible Astrology -- The Importance of Observable Phenomena

The Unique Qualities of House Lords for Each Ascendant
Note: In order to preserve the formatting, I uploaded this article to my website as a PDF file.
When you click on the link, your computer will either open it with Adobe Reader or save it to your hard disk so that you can do so.

Narcissism, Self-Effacement and Rahu and Ketu
Note: In order to preserve the formatting, I uploaded this article to my website as a PDF file.
When you click on the link, your computer will either open it with Adobe Reader or save it to your hard disk so that you can do so.

Determining the planet that represents a theme in a chart

The Most Important Significators of Life Themes and their use in chart delineation and astrology software.

Who affects Who? Unilateral Aspects in Vedic Astrology.

How to determine the strongest planet(s) in a chart

The Ruler of the Chart: My Published Article in The Mountain Astrologer

Paramount Considerations in Chart Interpretation New!

To Top

3. Vedic Tools of Prediction

Vedic Astrology: A Time-based System


The Profound Teachings of S. Iyer - Part One

An Introduction to Prasna

The Interpretation of Dasas

A Textual Flowchart of the Iyer Method

A Graphic Flowchart of the Iyer Method

A Sequence of Steps in Evaluating a Prasna Chart

A Graphic Depiction of the Prasna Yogas

The Importance of Timing in Compatibility Assessment

The Art of Astrological Prediction

The Most Important Dasas and Bhuktis

The Fundamentals of Evaluating Dasa Effects

An Introduction to Dasas

Differences Between Analyzing a Vedic Birth Chart and Analyzing Divisional Charts

The Meanings of the Relative Distance between Dasa and Bhukti Lord

Divisional Charts - A Precis of the the Hart de Fouw/Sheshadri Iyer method
Note: In order to preserve the formatting, I uploaded this article to my website as a PDF file.
When you click on the link, your computer will either open it with Adobe Reader or save it to your hard disk so that you can do so.

The Astrology of Relating

How do configurations in the current sky affect me? New!
Note: while this article is more Western-astrology oriented, it does introduce Vedic methods too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment